Saturday, May 30, 2015

Do It Anyway



It's been just over a month since I wrote about a plan for my dream. You can read about it here .

Since then, I've learned delivering on dreams doesn't happen in a day.  

I think down well-walked paths of thought and drag years of habit along with me.  But I've listened to the same tired self-talk for decades now and I'm learning it's easier to silence than I thought.




The secret is: DO IT ANYWAY.

Whatever the inner nay-sayer says you can't do - just do it anyway.

Try it.



It's not really my intent to dump the years of self-doubt and excuses, because honestly, I don't have the time or the strength to clean up the mess afterward.  And I ignore the voice when I can, but even that choice isn't completely fool-proof.  I don't know about you, but my inner champion is often incessant.

There's no avoidance, no ignore button, and no proving that voice wrong.  All those strategies in some way offer the voice within just another foothold with the recognition there is a voice to ignore, avoid, and prove wrong.

Truly, the best strategy ... I've learned ... is so smart and simple and easy.

DO IT ANYWAY.


You can't write.

          Write anyway.

You're no photographer.

          Go ahead. Take pictures.

You never follow through.

          But I did.



I woke early just as I said I would and set off in search of the dawn.  I walked around in that creamy morning light and found myself - quieted - and full of happy.




I did it anyway.

And so can you.


No comments:

Post a Comment